Thursday, June 12, 2014

DANCE FOR RAIN; & QUICK IMPRESSION

"Dance for Rain" (6-3-14 005) above, is (tahDAH!) a new photo. And below is another version "Quick Impression" (6-3-14 005v7):

A note on the watercolor effect in "Quick Impression." Although there are two different filters I've found in Photoshop about watercolor effects, I've yet to find they produce them when I've applied either of the filters. Whenever I do get the sort of effect in "Quick Impression" it's from applying filter after filter (none with watercolor in the name) and persisting til I get what I want. I tried writing down the series of filters once before that produced this effect. But found that they did not produce the same result in subsequent pix to which I applied the series. It seems each photo needs an individualized approach. Makes sense, since colors, shapes, intensities, contrasts, pixel count ... all are rarely (if ever) the same in my pix.

BTW, the day before yesterday I posted a different view from the same overpass between buildings where I live ("Afternoon Shadows").

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home