Friday, August 12, 2011

ARACHNE RISING


9-23-11: The above is a "P.S. posting" of another version of "Arachne Rising." I think I can give up on this pic. The focus is just not good enough. It's over two years old and taken before I knew to pump up the size of pic the camera was taking. But it's been fun trying to bring out what I see in it. Following is the earlier version and post about this photo ...


Guess I've reached over-load on looking at my exhibit pixs. "Arachne Rising" is another that was not among them. A very old photo that I just recently re-edited. It puts me in mind of what someone said decades ago when viewing my drawings, paintings, and elaborate doodles. (I did a lot of those in years past.) She commented that maybe I should have been a designer for the textile industry. I was never sure how that was really meant. But do believe it was a reference to the repeating patterns that I like to play with.

I'm not totally happy with this pic (that's not to say I ever am with any photo) when I view it with my editor's eye. But that other eye, in the back of my mind, really enjoys all those cross-hatching shadows. However, I may yet revert again to the original of this photo and see if I can't improve it. Ah, that's what my editing eye is noting: this looks more like a draft than a final design. OK, my work's cut out for me.

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home