Monday, August 1, 2011

From bud to bloom ...


This pic did not make the cut for my July 24th exhibit but only because I simply could not share all I would have liked to. I'm fascinated by the shapes of these orchid buds. I have numerous shots of them, arcing in front of various other flora, or shadows as in the one above. I also enjoy the shiny texture some of them have, as in this (less successful) pic:


I remember the first time I spotted buds like these. Newly moved to California from a life-time in New York city I'd not ever seen the vast majority of the flora here in bud form. I took photos and almost breathlessly waited to see what the buds would become. I hooted with delight when they opened into orchids that look like little mouths opening for the dentist or sharing in a big belly laugh, like these:


They might be saying "Leave them laughing!" In any event, from bud to bloom these sorts of orchids make me smile.

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home