Thursday, August 4, 2011

FOLLOW ME, CHILDREN!


This one -- "Follow Me, Children! -- was also in my exhibit. As I just now started to type (is that more correctly put "keyboarded" these days? LOL) that it's of one of my favorite sort of flora here, I realized I have a lot of favorites. And that makes me feel gratitude, a momentary but very welcome lift from those sticky blues I mentioned yesterday.

But back to the above, which was taken maybe one long block away from where I live. I do adore fiddle head ferns, in any stage of their growth. And this pic above shows their various stages. Except for the more mature tree-like form, which we have on our grounds. Here's a photo of its fronds.


I keep taking pix of not only this fiddle head fern, but that fountain/lady. It's a challenging area to take pix in. Not so much for the variety of flora, but because of distracting equipment, pipes, and building windows and such. Not to mention I can't climb in close for better angles due to my knee problems, but have to do what I can pretty much from the sidewalk. However, I keep trying. This pic almost makes it -- just a wee bit too much wall space behind that lady lifting her skirts away from the fountain water.

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home