Friday, August 5, 2011

MAY I JOIN YOU?


"May I Join You?" is one of a few pix in my exhibit that folk kept asking if I'd "posed." Nope. I don't do that. There's more than enough wonderful and/or funny stuff out there without me having to think ahead or make any effort other than to get my camera out. (I do occasionally shade a shot, or lift a heavy-headed bloom with my cane, or hold back obstructing foliage, but that's all.)

Although this photo was taken over a year ago, I can clearly recall glancing up at the stair edge as I was leaving one of our back gardens. And there was that lone (is it?) geranium bloom, just asking to be acknowledged. I have a habit formed early on of not only looking all around me, up - down - sideways, but stopping to look behind me as I walk. Sometimes just the change of angle reveals a possible interesting shot.

Yet even with all this looking I'm frequently surprised at what the camera caught that I did not even see "live." I wonder how much this might have to do with the difference between 3D and 2D, and how that changes perception. At any rate, I'm delighted by the surprises that show up on my computer screen. Though in the case of the photo above, what I initially saw is what I got. Albeit, with some nice stripes of sunlight I'd not noticed. :-)

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home