Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TRAFFIC JAM


"Traffic Jam" pretty much reflects, both in title and visually, how I'm feeling today. Too much to do and too much sadness jamming me up along the way. When I'm in better moods, I get a rather different feeling when viewing this photo. It's one of those that pleases some eye I have way at the back of my mind, makes it sit up and take notice to enjoy. BTW, this was not in my exhibit, but is one I like to use as a note card.

There's something that is occuring to me more and more as I make these posts. I think I should make the distinction again between what I'm saying when a pic is a favorite of mine, and whether I see it as an objectively "good photograph." I do not understand these as one and the same thing. That is, there are very few pix of mine I even tentatively offer as "good photographs." A judgment that includes a great many factors, such as the technical along with the current aesthetic trends and values. But there are numerous photos that I personally like, that please me in some way, and these I call my favorites. This is not to say I do not have some awareness of aesthetics and don't try for, say, good focus. It's just that I am aware of my limitations.

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

2 Comments:

Blogger Eva Yaa Asantewaa said...

A fascinating composition

August 12, 2011 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger Roswila said...

:-) I put up one of the pix I've posted any given day, on my computer desk top. Every time I came to the desk top yesterday, this one grabbed my attention. I'd notice some other little thing or suggested shape within it. Such as I'd never before noted that vague cross-hatching in the upper right. How can eyes see and yet not see? (Hm, is there a poem in there?)

August 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home