Wednesday, August 17, 2011

TOWER OF BABEL


"Tower of Babel" is one of those pix that I just couldn't scrap, yet could not find a way of editing that worked for me. I stumbled across it again this morning and think I can finally rest with this version. Believe it or not this color is only slightly heightened toward the blue. As I've said before here, these leaves tend to come up all sorts of interesting colors without my ever doing anything to them on my computer. When I first noticed this I looked much more closely at these leaves live under the various different types of lighting under which I come across them. And blues and lavender (especially) are there, sometimes strongly and other times vaguely. That last is something I continue to greatly enjoy about photograpy: it prompts me to take the time to look at things ever more closely and deeply.

BTW, I finally found out the name of these striped leaves and their flowers of which I take so many pictures: canna lilies.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on the photo for a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. For posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home