Saturday, October 8, 2011

SUPER NOVA


"Super Nova" may seem like a rather forceful name (to say the least) for the center of a dying rose. However, it struck me as I looked at that sort of swirl where the seed stamens are still rooted and at how all the curves of the petals seem to radiate outward that they're not all that different. Transformation is just happening at a nano-level and slowed way down, but is equally awesome. And when I think on it, this sort of amazing change is happening all the time, in everything. Just sometimes in a more obvious, observable way. So it seems I could also call this photo simply "Sand Mandala," for the complex on-going transformation we call existence. (Sigh, the heavy titles some of my simple photos must carry on their backs.)

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home