Friday, January 6, 2012

MOTHER HEN


Continuing the trend of posting photos of my favorite colors, the lavender of "Mother Hen" comes in second only to purple. (See previous post for a very Purple Princess.) I also enjoy the tiny light blue centers of these little blossoms.

This is one of my earliest pictures and was taken with a loaner camera. Overall that older camera had better focus. But it had a smaller pixel capacity, so cropping in close would lose some of that focus, as can be noted in this photo. My newer camera has greater pixel capacity so that I can crop pretty much to my heart's content. However, it has a focus problem over all that the older camera did not. Ah well, what's any pursuit without some creative challenges and learning situations. E.g., it was partly blurry focus that led me to try more extensive computer manipulation. For in that blurriness I began to see shapes and shades I might not have noticed before, which then prompted me to emphasize and expand upon them.

"Mother Hen" is only very slightly color saturated to bring the colors closer to what I saw "live." It is also lightly sharpened in an attempt to improve the focus, though it didn't help a whole lot. And to sharpen more only makes the edges of shapes look odd. Along with a better camera, maybe some day I'll have a more sophisticated photo editing program. But if neither is ever the case I'm having great fun making-do with what I have.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home