Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MAY DAY FROLIC & THE LONG VIEW

Not sure how I feel about the above "May Day Frolic." I like the swirly shapes, but am not sure about the color intensity. The colors I get in either of the programs I use for coloring can get a bit too "neon." (And lightening or brightening can dull or fade the colors too much.) But I like the overall result enough to share it today.

I'm also not sure about this other one below, "The Long View." It's one of those that just tugs at me without bothering to explain why. Maybe it's simply because it continues the May Day theme with those may pole-like cacti. --

Now that I've posted these two I see they make quite a May Day pair. I.e., in it's most ancient tradition May Day (Beltaine) is a celebration of the energies of fertility and reproduction. :-D

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home