Tuesday, May 8, 2012

ROCK ROSE & LAST BLUSH


"Rock Rose" is brand new. One of the few I took yesterday that I like the results for at all, at least at this point.

Maybe I'm just making excuses, but I'm really beginning to "lose it" with my camera and other factors affecting (my perception of?) my photos. I do think my camera's focus is getting worse, or is it simply my developing cataracts, or both? I'd bite the bullet and order a better camera today, but I have to have a much better computer before I do that (which at best won't be for 3 months). My old, patched up Dell could not handle storing photos with an even higher pixel count. Then there's my new (well, second hand but new to me) LCD computer monitor and how different colors appear on it at various times of the day. Not to mention how my occasional "painting" over of a tiny distracting section of a photo actually shows up in some lights on this screen. Ack! I could go on, but won't ...

Yeah, it's a cranky day. I suppose my choice of "Rock Rose" to post today is not an accident. I do feel sort of like I'm stuck in rock, though not necessarily that I'm a rose. :-)

OK, not to end on that note here's another from yesterday, "Last Blush." This one is only slightly color saturated to bring out the hints of color already there. In this photo I'm particularly drawn to the vague heart-shape of that petal in the top left. These particular roses are difficult for me to get decent photos of. Not only are they in an inaccessible spot for me so that I have to crop rather distant shots, but their white reflects too much light even at later times of the day. So I am pleased to have gotten this shot below --


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home