Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"the view from here" (a greeting card)

Just a quick post for today to share my first attempt at designing a greeting card, using my photos. I use snapfish.com for any large amount of printing I need to do to save my old printer. It's also cheaper as ink cartridges cost so much. Well, snapfish had one of their sales in which one could design and have printed a dozen greeting cards for just about only the cost of tax and shipping. I'd never seriously considered doing my own greeting cards, but thought if nothing else I'd have a few then for personal use. Well, when I saw the result I was amazed. I'd not expected it to turn out so decently; 10 have even already been sold. So now I'm going to make up a sample book of a variety of cards I'm designing, (hopefully) for folk to order from at my up-coming July photo exhibit.

These cards are 5" X 7", folded at top, blank inside, with envelopes. And please know that my scanner is not all that good so the photos aren't as crisp here as they are on the actual cards.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home