Saturday, August 4, 2012


Echoes of Winter is yet a third version -- re-cropped and colors changed -- of this over two year old photo. This version, I think, captures the shapes and lines I most like in the original picture. The coloring was a last minute shot (pardon the pun) in the dark before giving up, and a total surprise. I read somewhere that most of art is accident, and that has certainly been my experience. In any case, "Echoes of Winter" may work for me now because I'm feeling more than usually sentimental today and beautiful snowy winter trees are something I will almost certainly never see again except in pictures and dreams. Hey, I can't have everything and I do have some wonderful memories. Even living in a large city (New York), I could stand on my terrace on winter nights right after a snow fall, and gaze at the always mesmerzing moonlight on the trees and streets below.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home