Friday, February 22, 2013


The Madding Crowd is a relatively new photo, fairly recently re-worked. It's probably one of the odder titles I've chosen for a picture, but it's partly tongue-in-cheek. I can imagine some of my friends here who dislike how I change the colors on things, finding this photo maddening. I enjoy looking at these orchid "mouths" -- their shapes and how they form a little tower or crowd. However, in their natural white they just don't do much for me. But color inverted and then fussed with a wee bit more, well, then they really pop. Of course, those aforesaid friends would say that pop is annoying. Ah well, that's why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream! Or as my family used to say, everyone to their own taste said the old woman as she kissed the cow.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home