Saturday, November 16, 2013

CLAIMING THE MORNING; CLIMBING THE NIGHT; & RAVELED SLEEVES

Claiming the Morning (2-22-11) above and Climbing the Night (2-22-11) below are from the same long-in-the-tooth photo.

"Claiming the Morning" teetered on degrading (getting those tiny little boxes) at a few points along the way. And I really didn't think it would accept being color inverted, producing the second version ("Climbing the Night"). I've considered using degraded photos as "sketches," if you will, for actual paintings or drawings. Because when a photo seems to be degrading I give up on whatever was pulling me forward and move in another direction, or scrap it and start from scratch. In either case the original "vision" is lost. So if I used the about to degrade photo as a jumping off point for a painting or drawing I might be able to follow the original idea down. Ah well, maybe when there are more than 24 hours in a day I'll try that. AhHAH! Maybe I could paint/draw right on a printout of an about to degrade photo (any photo, actually). However, that would take things in another direction entirely. But still worth a shot, some day.

And because I also like the older version posted here before from which the above two were drawn, here it is again, titled Raveled Sleeves (2-22-11):

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.


* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home