Thursday, August 24, 2017

THE CROSSING

"The Crossing" (8-13-17 0017v3) was just fudged from its new original pic this morning. Another version of the same pic, very similar, is posted to my dreams&poetry blog today with a poem. I'm just so fond of this view in Anisqoyo Park. It did present quite a problem with the lamp globe (upper right) as it was almost white and was very distracting. I tried all sort of things, including going very "artsy" with texture and unreal colors and such. But nothing worked. Then I recalled my newest Photoshop skill, using the lasso function. And, voila! Just the globe's been toned way down and hopefully doesn't jump out as much to a viewer's eye. I realize the pic is "cut" in two halves by the fences on either side and the path. Usually a no-no in composition. But I'm leaning to liking it as the concrete path isn't static, if you will, but carries the viewer's eye (at least this viewer's) from the bottom of the pic, right on to the trees & far street scene beyond.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time on scrolling down. See the Archives listing in the right hand column (below “Previous Posts”). And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,




[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** Patricia’s dreams & poetry blog; and if you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home