Saturday, July 6, 2019

TUMBLING MOON

"Tumbling Moon" (9-28-18 001v14[2]) is, as was yesterday's pic, a response to an earthquake. The second big one -- this one 7.1 -- in two days, near Ridgecrest (CA). It's said it's been 20 years since southern CA's had quakes of this magnitude, and also that it's not unusual for them to occur in a series. Sigh. This old, New York City native is learning more about quakes (and wildfires and droughts and floods) than she'd ever have believed she'd need to. I find the quakes the most nerve wracking of all as I've actually felt them directly. This second one went on much longer and was quite a bit stronger. I can't imagine what the folk nearest it all are going through. Though I must say most of my neighbors in the retirement community I live in are long time (if not native) Californians and take it all differently than I do. But, then again, I've always taken life's turbulences differently from other folk. Not that I'm panicking. I just need to process it all, to openly acknowledge my upset, and gather lots of info. I was still living and working in New York City on 9/11. My roommate at that time thought me exceedingly strange as I sat in front of our T.V. for hours on end, absorbing all the info I could, before I'd finally had enough and felt I could watch something else or even turn it off. I also took notes for poems, and I think she found that oddest of all. Ah well, so be it. She had her oddities (to my understanding), too, in other areas of life.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home