Friday, July 29, 2011

More light talk ...


Yesterday I talked about how sunlight effects my photography attempts. Especially how I'd used a sheet of paper to block some intrusive bright sunlight from a shot I was trying to capture. Here's the result of an earlier -- and first -- use of this "technique." I loved this little lone calla and the way the light was playing around with it and the leaves. But I knew from too much experience that most of the light was way too bright for my poor little camera (and my poor technical skills) to cope with. That is, all I was likely to wind up with on my computer screen was a large white blank spot and probably smaller ones in the surrounding leaves. So I dug in my purse for a sheet of paper and experimented with shading this little scene in various ways. When I hit on the stamen only being "cupped" by the light I snapped away ... and hoped.

This one was in my recent exhibit, and a copy sold.

Click here to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog. And for posts previous to those below, please see listing in the right-hand sidebar. (Clicking on the bottom post listed will list even older posts, and so on.)

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home