Sunday, February 24, 2013


OK, I went a little bananas today and made two new versions of an older photo. This first above, the original, is called Opening the Curtains. I've had it hanging around (pun intended) for close to three years. Though until today I haven't felt urged to post it, it still hasn't cried out for deletion. I did very little to it back then, just crop and slightly brighten.

This next one, below, is called Summer's Keep, and I did extensive editing on it today. It's tilted, and the colors inverted and changed. I also did some fudging with the "focus" to make it look more like a painting. What I like about this one is how those petals in the bottom half look sort of puffy, like a quilt maybe.


And this last one below that I did today is called Surfing. This version's not color inverted, just tilted and colors changed, with some mild lightening and focus fussing. I'm mildly torn between seeing those top half petals as surf curling or as (again) puffy material leading me to see a dress in the making. Hey, this old lady has to keep her brain cells dusted off and popping somehow!


NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home