Wednesday, February 27, 2019

SEEDS OF A NEW DAY

"Seeds of a New Day" (2-21-19 [21]) was just fussed out of an old photo of mine using (wait for it ... wait for it ... :-D) my new pic editing program, GIMP! Yep, after saying here yesterday I wasn't ready yet to go through downloading and coping with a (much needed) pic editing program, I got GIMP. And as I'd known would happen, I had quite a time of it. GIMP instructions were not clear and then as I've been saying here, Windows 10's "reasoning" (if you will) still alludes me. But I finally located the GIMP start file. And from there had a lot of fun trying to figure out GIMP's "reasoning." I keep reminding myself it was a gradual process getting to know the little of Photoshop that I eventually learned. As to today's photo? I improved on color contrasts, and added that mosaic effect. I'm really only sharing it today as proof I've finally bitten the bullet and gotten a good editor. I did try a lot of other things to see what I could accomplish. Much of which I'd get half way through and then not be able to finish the effect. (E.g., using the lasso function -- GIMP calls it something else -- to change only one color in the lassoed area. For instance, I tried both lightening and changing the shade of the darkness on the left and upper right, but could only change all the color in any area I lassoed. For some reason, I couldn't get the "select" a color function to work right.) But at least I'm beginning to locate the various functions and filters, etc., if not use them fully yet. And, hey, GIMP doesn't cost a penny!

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. There are many more photos posted here than show at any given time in this left-hand column. See the Archives listing (below Previous Posts) in the right hand column.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home