Monday, August 22, 2011

AFTER ESCHER


"After Escher" was in my 7-24 exhibit. It's been one of my personal faves from the first time I saw it on my computer and was dumbfounded. It had been an almost "throw away," last second shot of stairs outside the building I live in. I was fairly certain all those angles just would not work visually. Well, according to my eye and the eyes of many viewers, I was quite wrong.

It was also one of those photos for which a title just jumped out at me. A fellow resident was quite amused by it. She said that her first weeks here had been a bit like living in an Escher print. With the several different sized and shaped buildings, various inside and outside staircases, and connecting overpasses, and courtyards and gardens, I totally agree. It took me over two weeks to find my way around without asking someone for directions.

In any event, this has proved to be a popular photo; one that I also like. It's taught me to follow those last minute urges to snap a pic. One never knows!

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”)****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home