Monday, June 11, 2012

GOOSE BUMPS & BESTOWAL


"Goose Bumps" above is a brand new edit of an old photo. One of those I've edited many times since I took it in September of 2011. The original is of the full succulent (cactus?) and I kept trying to hold on to more of it than shows here. But there was always something obstructive (dead leaves, shadows, too much white where sunlight fell on it, etc.). But I just didn't want to give up on it and finally arrived at this re-colored, very small crop. And even it required a wee bit of "painting out" of dark specks.



"Bestowal" is another from the same day of photos as the one at the top of this post. It, too, enticed me to keep trying to find a satisfying edit. First, I reversed the color in this umpteenth new crop, then re-colored it.

I was doing this editing of old pictures in preparation for my photo exhibit that was to be in July. The operative words in that sentence are "was to be." I have since decided to cancel the exhibit. Too much for this old lady to deal with this summer. Maybe later, maybe not. But certainly not now.

NOTE: In most browsers you can click on a photo to view a larger version. And here’s the link if you wish to read an Introduction, Background, & Technical Aspects post about this blog.

* * * *
‘til next take, may you enjoy life in the ever changing light,





[aka: Patricia Kelly] **** If you wish to copy or use any of my writing or photos, please email me for permission (under “View my complete profile”) ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home